Sunday 14 February 2016

Easy embellishment with Washi Tape


I like Washi Tape so much but I can't use it too much because it's so precious. 

I still have some  rolls of Christmas Washi Tape from a few years ago. It's time to use them up ! Washi Tape can be used to make a quick and easy focal point. 

You know " Washi " is Japanese, meaning "Japanese paper".  The interesting thing is that we don't call it Washi Tape in Japan.  We call it " Masking Tape or "Masu-te" as an abbreviation for masking tape. 

   

This is how I created this focal point.

First trace the die cut  shape on the base card with pencil. 

Then cover the perimeter with Washi Tape. 

Using co-ordinated Washi Tape together, you can create perfectly colour coordinated pattern without thinking too much.  You can use DSP for this design as well but being able to stick on the card without a hassle of gluing is much easier.

I made a frame with die cut glimmer paper.  The sentiment is white heat embossed.I used Bitty Banners Framelits and cut off one side of the banner. 


Of course I had to coordinate inside. Love little star stamp. So cuuuuuuuuuute!




You can use punches instead of die cutting.  





 Valentine mini card using Christmas Washi Tape.  Happy Valentine's Day,everyone !


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Weekly Deals 10th Feb to 16th Feb 2016
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Clearance Rack
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment