Friday 12 February 2016

just for you - Embosse resist technique


One of my favourite stamping techniques is " emboss resist ". If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend you to give a go.  It's a lot of fun. For this technique you need to use a water based ink pad and a clear emboss powder. 

There are a few different effects you can create with this technique. Here is one of them.

First you make your own background with stamping. I used Botanicals for You (SAB) stamp set. You can also use DSP instead of making your own background.


Stamp a bold image with Versamark ink and heat emboss it with clear emboss powder. I used Iredescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder. I love the shine the emboss powder gives. You can't see much at this stage.

But when you ink it over the heat embossed image, the image appears because the embossed part resists the ink. The rest of the background gets inked. Any images under the embossed part are saved from inking.


It is hard to see on the photo but it is shiny. 




I love making inside of card matchy- matchy. 





It looks much better in person and at a distance. 

I have entered this card into Kylie's Crazy Crafter Team Projects this week - click on the link to see all of the amazing projects entered this week and vote for your favourite.http://www.craftykylie.com/   



I really enjoyed this technique so I made another one with  different stamp sets. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment